Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blessed

Well...Here goes! I have never done anything like this before, but the more I read blogs from other people, the more I want to do it myself (: I have chosen to name this blog "Blessed" because I have been truly blessed in many ways that I was not expecting to get much. I graduated in December 2010, with my Bachelor's in Vocational Rehabilitation. In June, I started working for United Cerebral Palsy as a Job Coach. Once my internship started in August, I moved up as an Employment Specialist, which is a position where I assist adults with disabilities in finding and retaining competitive employment throughout the community. In September, I was hired by the agency of UCP for full-time, permanent employment. To me, that was a blessing. I know so many people who have worked there way up through college, and graduated with a degree who have yet to find employment degree related. This job was mentioned to me by two Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, Kathy Wyatt and Janet Bryan. Those ladies are awesome, and are the greatest to work with. If it weren't for them, I would not have had this opportunity that has turned into a career for me. I do plan to move on and get my Master's in Vocational Rehabilitation in the future and they have all said that they would be more than willing to write letters of recommendation for me. To me, it is a blessing for someone to basically come to me to say that they want to write a letter. That is awesome! God has blessed me in so many ways that I would have never expected. It always seems he does them when you are least expecting anything. The reason I wrote this blog named "Blessed" is because I never thought once my last semester of school ended, before my internship, that I would be able to intern relating to my field of degree, AND get a job, long-term, with them!! This is an absolute blessing, in my eyes (: Well, again I am new at this, and don't really have anything else to say about this blog...at this point at least! I will definitely have more coming...I think I will really enjoy it (:

No comments:

Post a Comment